Fields of application
- disinfection of water in households
- disinfection of water for pensions, hotels hospitals
- disinfection in food industry
- disinfection in pharmaceutical industry and in laboratories
- counteract biological depositing and infections
- chemical-free application
- no changes in physical and chemical properties of treated water
- no change in odour and taste
Wide range of the microorganisms can be inhibited and/or destroyed by UV disinfection.
UV technique uses short-wavelength radiation which is harmful to most microorganisms. It destroys the nucleic acids of the organisms. UV light is electromagnetic radiation with wavelengths shorter than visible light. At certain wavelengths it is mutagenic to bacteria, viruses and other microorganisms. At a wavelength of 254 nm UV breaks the molecular bonds within the DNA of microorganism.
Downstream of the disinfection point there is a possibility for reinfection due to the remaining organic substances that can be feed for the living organisms. It is therefore very important to install UV disinfection equipment closest to the point of use.